Design & Decorating With Traditional Japanese Textiles : Recommended Reading
Popular and Recommended Books:
These following books are our favorites and have been recommended by many of our site visitors and customers. These are some of the best works we know dealing with using Japanese traditional textiles and aesthetics in modern decorating and design. If you want to recommend something else we should add here, please contact us using the contact link at bottom of this page.
- Nature on View: Home & Garden Inspired by Japan, Rao & Mahoney
- Design With Japanese Obi, Wiltshire, Wiltshire, and Kanagawa,
- Japanese Accents in Western Interiors, Rao & Mahoney
- Japanese Textile Dyeing: Introduction to Paste-Resist Techniques, John Marshall
- Quilting with Japanese Fabrics, Kathy Pippin
There are other excellent book references, specialized bibliographies, links and information on Japanese culture, vintage Japanese kimonos and fabric -and more- in our FAQ Pages and Links Page .
Interested in kasuri (ikat)? Please click our page HERE.