5839: 1960's Japanese Boys Ceremonial Silk Kimono Fabric, 54inches
Width:14.5 inches / 36.83 cm
Length: 54" / 137.16 cm
Item Details and Description:
- Fabric History/Pedigree: 1960's, pieces derived from deadstock (unused but from another time) boys ceremonial silk kimono roll;
- Fabric Description: Japanese vintage silk kimono fabric used to make traditional boys 7-5-3 (shichi-go-san) kimono.
- Fabric Type: very light (thin) weight silk print, one side (but mostly same on reverse).
- Colors: dark blue background( not navy blue), with white lateral bands; motif colors include: various tans and browns,purple, lavender, rusty-red and light gold-yellow.
- Motifs: Standard traditional Shichi-Go-San design: Kabuto (classic samurai headgear) ,
- Condition: Excellent.
- Suitable for framing.
More from this collection