Clearance Sale: YokoDana Kimono Books
YokoDana Kimono Specialty Book Clearance Sale:
Last update: August 21, 2016, 4:0pm EDT [Refresh your page (f5 on Windows, Apple-R for Macs) to see current status.
We are downsizing our personal collections and have a number of specialty books we'd like to make available to customers before offering them elsewhere. Many of these books are of the 'gift-book' living room table display type -- high quality imprints variety, large over-sized books with many pictures etc about a specialty topic. With the exception of one book (Fine Art of Textiles) all of these books relate to traditional Japanese arts and culture, particularly about textiles, kimonos etc. A good number of them are classics in the field of Japanese textiles, kimonos and design and are out of print.
If you want to purchase one or more of these books please tell us by sending email to our following email address:
(not an email link)
.PLEASE PUT "Zen Sushi Books" in the subject of your email. and don't forget the title of the book(s) .
Our replies will go to the email you use when making offers. Please include your name and billing/shipping address and we'll calculate shipping and send a link for you to complete the purchase online.
Terms of the Sale:
1. Books' conditions: all excellent to like new; Exceptions (such as inscription in front) are noted. All are in original jackets and excellent to like new; none of the books have markings, writing or tears, books were well cared for.
2. List Abbreviations: pbk - Paperback; hbk- Hardback; LP -publisher list price when known.
3.. Pricing: We will place the price in bold font on the list below.
4. Shipping will be paid by the buyers. Unlike Amazon.com, we do not have access to special and inexpensive shipping rates. In USA we will use book or flat rate as possible depending on size of books and buyer preference.
5. International Shipping: For our international buyers please note that many of these books are quite heavy so shipping costs might be high depending on how many you get and your country. We now also ship DHL internationally and are finding that in some instances our discounted DHL rate can be substantially less than US Postal Service International Priority Mail. We can provide sample quotes upon request.
6. Currency: US Dollars.
7. Payment: We will send invoice to winners and payment can be made through our usual shop cart, using Paypal or credit cards.
IMPORTANT: Once the sale begins, this page will be updated as books are sold.
YokoDana Kimono Books Clearance Sale List:
Japanese Arts Library: Kutani Ware, Sensaku Nakagawa (translated&adapted by John Bester), Kodansha (1979 first edition) $10.00
Japanese Accents in Western Interiors, Peggy Landers Rao & Jean Mahoney (1988),hbk $15.00
Japan Country Living: Spirit,Tradition,Style, Amy Sylvester Katoh, Photographs by Shin Kimura, (1993,1997) hbk $15.00
The Kimono Inspiration: Art and Art-To-Wear in America, The Textile Museum, Washington, DC (inscription in frontispiece), pbk $15.00
Matsuri: Japanese Festival Arts,UCLA Fowler Museum of Cultural History Textile Series #6, Gloria Granz Gonick with contributions from: Yo-ichiro Hakomori, Hiroyuki Nagahara, Herbert Plutschow, (2002)hbk $20.00